Wednesday, December 14

Passed Microsoft Exam 70-315

I've just passed the "Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET" exam (70-315) with a score of 962. This means I've now only got 3 exams left to get MCSD status.

I've used about 60% of the syllabus in my work, and I found my experience helped me quickly rule out some possible answers that did not look "right". To learn the rest, I read the book by Amit Kalani. This comprehensively covered all the main areas in the exam, and provided a good range of practice questions and tips for things to look out for.

I'm not sure quite how much of the exam content I'll now use that I didn't use before - maybe I'll use DataGrids more. Also, in many cases I found myself learning things that I could have easily looked up on Google in 30 seconds. However, I think the main benefit of the exam to me is that it will help me communicate with other developers if everyone uses the same sort of language when they talk about the technology.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: