Wednesday, December 21

Blogger Error 550 - Permission Denied

I got the error message "Error 550 - Permission Denied" when I tried to update and republish this blog last to fix some problems with archived files. The error occurred with the atom.xml file, which is the last thing that is published if you republish your entire blog.

I found this was because the "Site Feed" settings had a directory path. This had somehow been set to a / character, where it should have been set to nothing at all to publish to the root directory of my site. Changing it to nothing at all fixed the problem.

I also found a post in Tim's Journal here that explained some other causes of this error.

1 comment:

ffot said...

For anyone using a webfusion Microsoft server you may want to try altering the ftp path to web/content/NameOfYourBlogDirectory/
I just discovered this worked for me after several hours trial and error. Also note for some reason Blogger reports errors after I click upload, but when I checked this on my website (using dreamweaver) the files had been uploaded.